DLMS News – DMLS/COSEM standard supported by members worldwide
Many of the more than forty DLMS User Association members worldwide have expressed interest in the flexible DLMS/COSEM standards. They have been pleased to hear that the standard is published by IEC and will be published soon by CEN.
The fact that standardisation of this meter data exchange has been done and conformance tests are available fosters the use of DLMS/COSEM. Some countries have expressed their strong preference for DLMS/COSEM as the standard of choice for the liberalised energy market and specify it in their tenders. Membership of the DLMS User Association may therefore be even more profitable in the future than today.
The Mission of the Association is to enable the integration of diverse systems and thus simplify operational and commercial processes through the creation of generic and compatible communication objects. This raises efficiency in different business sectors significantly, independent of the brand of meters.
The objectives include:
- In applying standards for compatible communication protocols, to help in securing investments in new generations of meters and new applications
- Identification of possible applications and definition of parameters to ensure compatibility
- Active representation of members in European and international standards organisations with a view to standardising communication protocols
- Lobbying through potential users and standards organisations
- Definition and supervision of amendments of technical specifications in cooperation with national and international standards organisations
- Granting of a DLMS label for compatible products.
Please contact us for more information or any question about the DLMS User Association at Pre-de-la-Fontaine 19, CH-1217 Meyrin-Geneva, Switzerland, e-mail email@example.com,