A country-wide deployment of smart meters is predicted to cut household energy use, enable suppliers to better respond to fluctuations in demand, and help government meet its energy targets. Rolling out millions of smart meters effects the industry; it would be difficult to underestimate the impact of the national roll-out programme on the energy industry and its stakeholders.
The plan will be an important business opportunity. “Based on our consultation impact assessment, rolling out smart meters to all households will deliver net benefits of between £2.5bn and £3.6bn over the next 20 years. These benefits fall to suppliers, to customers and to the country as a whole," said the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC).
The Smart Metering UK & Ireland conference is perfectly timed to review the Governments announcements and to analyse its implications.
If you have not yet registered, do it today. Don’t miss this opportunity to:
- Be updated on the Government's perspectives on smart meters and the issues covered by the consultation document
- Learn how to achieve strategic improvement and process excellence with smart meter implementation
- Hear more about the different international business models for smart metering to benchmark and identify opportunities for improvement and innovation.
- Find out more about the latest smart meter trials and how to achieve positive customer engagement and response
- Discuss the smart meter roadmap for the future and issues to be solved
Don’t miss out on this opportunity! Attend the premier Smart Metering conference for the UK & Ireland and register today! To register click here
For more information, please visit www.smartmetering.eu