The Nordic region is one of the early adopters of the smart metering business and therefore leading the way to what now appears inevitable throughout the EU and beyond. It is expected that by 2014, near-full rollout of smart meters will have been achieved in Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark.
The 3rd edition of Smart Metering Scandinavia will take place in Denmark and is expected to attract over 250 delegates from Europe’s leading companies involved in the smart metering business.
The uptake of smart metering in Denmark is increasing and the Danish Government will follow its Nordic Neighbors and initiate legislation in 2010. However distribution companies are already implementing AMR projects driven by the administrative and operational advantages provided by AMR meters. Support for – and stimulation of – energy savings are also important objectives for these projects and Denmark’s exceptionally high level of wind generation make smart meter enabled demand response and customer feedback programmes of special interest.
The deployment of electrical vehicles is also an immediate concern, increasing the dynamic nature of Denmark’s electricity market.
During the 2-day conference insights will be given in the developments and challenges which a "mature" smart metering market is facing nowadays. High-level presentations will look at how to effectively and efficiently implement mass smart metering rollout, considering the business-case, regulatory challenges, cross-industry cooperation, data handling and the importance of value added services by using your smart metering in an advanced way!
Key issues to be discussed are:
- Regulating and harmonizing the Nordic smart metering market
- Large scale smart metering roll-outs – performance challenges after a roll-out
- The importance of customer acceptance – understanding your customers to improve return on investment, customer loyalty and programme acceptance
- Offering value added services – the upgrade of your smart metering infrastructure
- Data management systems to improve your customer service and create cost effective service packages
- The uptake of smart home systems, electrical vehicles and micro generation – the importance of demand response programmes
By attending this event you will learn from the leading edge utilities, experiences, innovations, research and visions across the Nordic Region.
The conference programme is developed to provide a forum, which identifies, discusses and forecasts developments in the industry. Top-level speakers from all key industry segments will present their views using case studies presentations and interactive panels.
- Are you interested in taking part in the conference as a speaker?
- Do you wish to share new and innovative experiences/ visions?
- Are you able to share real-time experience?
- Is there a utility involved in the project?
- Are you able to present the business case of your project?
Then we welcome you to submit your abstract before December 14th to:
Ms Elisabeth Brusse
Head of Conference Development
Phone: +31 346 290 775
Fax: +31 346 590 601
For abstract criteria, please click here
By securing a sponsorship you will have the opportunity to establish close relationships with your target market, and optimally position your brand before and during the event.
By sponsoring the event you benefit from an extensive pre-event marketing campaign which will give your organisation maximum exposure.
For more information on the available sponsorship opportunities, please contact:
Mr Farid Soebrati
Phone: +31 346 290 789
Early Bird Registration
Register now, take advantage of our attractive EARLY BIRD rate of € 1000* and SAVE up to € 400!
The EARLY BIRD rate is valid until the 13th of January.
To register click here and quote promotional code SMS – E1 when registering.
*All rates are excluding 25% Danish VAT.