Duke Energy is seeking to transform its energy delivery and usage system into a networked, real time, intelligent infrastructure capable of optimising the process from generation through consumption.
To enable this “Utility of the Future” project, Duke Energy is seeking to implement a smart grid – not just AMR or AMI – using an architecture leveraging IT and networking standards to connect intelligent meters and devices to enable utility applications. At Smart Metering West Coast Matthew Smith, director of the project, and Bob Warden, vice president, corporate accounts at Echelon Corporation, will give an overview of the project, which is currently being piloted with Echelon’s NES system. With the results from the pilot, system-wide implementation will be designed.
Smart Metering West Coast 2007 takes place in Los Angeles, CA, from August 20-22, 2007.
- Home Area Networks workshop … the methodologies and technologies
- Field trip to Southern California Edison’s Westminster meter laboratories and test facility
- Two-day conference with speakers including:
- Martha Krebs, Deputy Director for Research & Development, California Energy Commission, CA (nominated by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger)
- David Collie, President and CEO, Burlington Hydro, Ontario, CA
- Paul De Martini, Director, AMI Program, Southern California Edison, CA
- Kathleen King, Vice-President, NERA Economic Consulting, Washington DC
- Stephen Nees, Technology Development Manager, Anaheim Public Utilities, CA
- Ted Reguly, Director – AMI Program Office, San Diego Gas & Electric Company, CA
- David Kathan, Office of Markets, Tariffs and Rates, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Washington DC
- Jim Meadows, Director, Smart Meter Project, PG&E, CA
- Ahmad Faruqui, Principal, The Brattle Group, CA
- Technology updates from leading vendors.
To view the complete program and to register, visit www.smart-energy.com/westcoast
For more information, contact Teresa Botha: (firstname.lastname@example.org)or phone: 888 559 8017 (US) or +27 21 700 3500 (international).