LodeStar is a program designed to help collect, manage and analyze load research data. It consists of subsystems for Sampling, Data Management and Data Analysis.
- Graphical User Interface: An interactive menu system aids users in executing LodeStar programs and creating configurations.
- Input/Output Programs: Manual entry allows users to enter small amounts of data into the on-line databases. Direct Input provides a format to load any-time series data into the on-line databases. Direct Output presents load data in a sequential file format.
- Database Reporting: Includes Summary, Load Data, and Time Series reports.
- Program Sequencer: Allows users to specify their business flow for automated processing and “chain” together a series of LodeStar, user-written and third party executable programs in a customized sequence to create a single job stream. Up to 99 programs can be executed in a single job stream.
- Validation and Editing Functions: Checks all newly-entered or newly-edited data for errors and enables personnel to change any descriptive field or load data value. Automatically validate, estimate and edit interval data.
- Customer Data Extraction: Allows the user to create customer lists and reports by directly querying the LodeStar databases or user established files.
- Load Data Analysis: Includes mean-per-unit, ratio and domains analyses. Allows for the ability to perform load transformation, proxy day selection or coincident peak analysis.
- Aggregate Analysis: Combines load statistics into major customer classes and then into a set of system estimates.
- Load Data Transformation: Enables the user to perform transformation of channels of data. A series of transformations may be used to perform complex calculations or data selection by time-of-use, type-of-day, etc.
- Application Program Interface: Enables client-written customer application programs to interface with LodeStar interval data.