LODESTAR® ForecastExpert™ (LFE) manages the creation, review, tuning and publication of forecasts. This application is used by forecasters in the energy sector to automate many of the manual steps involved in producing forecasts and analyzing results. LFE produces forecasts down to the most detailed levels of individual meters and time increments, thereby removing all of the typical headaches of working with large data sets and a lot of variables. This results in more time for you to focus on analyzing results and models for faster, more accurate forecasts.
- Automated backcasting: LFE automatically assesses what model or model combinations are best in order to attain the most accurate forecasts.
- Flexibility: Common forecasting techniques come with LFE, and additional models can be added with no changes to the software.
- Predefined Entity Hierarchy: The system can be modified via simple set-up, adding hierarchies, relating entities.
- Exception Handling: LFE automatically checks for required inputs and forecast anomalies. Users are notified of exceptions via e-mail.
- Reporting: Out-of-the-box reports can be used to meet most needs, or add additional reports via standard configuration.
- Seamless Integration: Easily integrates with 3rd party forecasting models, and can also be used with other products in the LODESTAR® Customer Choice Suite™.
- Top-down and Bottoms-up Forecast Processes: Both processes can be assigned to a given entity to allow quick comparisons and check for inconsistencies.