A unique workshop – ‘Smart metering large scale roll-out SUPER WORKSHOP’ – on 9 May 2007 will form part of the pre-conference activities at the 8th annual Metering, Billing/CIS America conference and exhibition, taking place 7 – 11 May 2007 in San Antonio, Texas.
The agenda features a mix of experts such as installation contractors, utilities, consultants and vendors, who will talk about best practices and lessons learnt for effective project planning of large scale smart metering, and AMI or AMR, roll-outs. Some of the important issues that will be discussed include:
- Costs – how utilities can minimize installations costs while ensuring quality
- Recruiting, qualifying and training installer personnel – pros and cons
- Compensation tradeoffs – pluses and minuses of hourly piece work, other installer incentives, dealing with substandard or non-conforming locations
- Spotting meter tampering during installation – what are best practices
- Data management of site and equipment data during installation
- How to manage installation crossdock facilities
- Optimum roles and interfaces between utility and installation contractor.
For any utility – investor-owned, publicly-owned, large or small – wanting to survive in today’s increasingly competitive market, deploying smart metering in some form or another is a non-negotiable. As is attending the 8th annual Metering, Billing/CIS America conference and exhibition!
CPS Energy and the San Antonio River Authority will be acting as host utilities, and the multi-track three day conference program has over 100 industry-elite speakers who will look at real life examples and deployments, decisions and updates for the North American customer-end technology sector. Program highlights include: Leveraging the CIS in an AMI world; AMI and the customer; Meter to cash; and MDM and data analytics.
In addition to the face-to-face interaction with industry peers, access to the latest technologies on the exhibition floor and hours of networking opportunities, Metering, Billing/CIS America conference delegates are able to access all papers and presentations online through www.smart-energy.com.
Metering, Billing/CIS America is sponsored by Alliance Data, Elster, Echelon, First Data, istaNET, KG Technologies and WAVECOM.