Metering, Billing/CRM Africa will take place from May 20–22, 2008, in Cape Town, South Africa as part of African Utility Week, the largest utilities event in Africa.
The three-day international conference and exhibition will feature over 40 international industry-elite experts who will provide a forum for utility professionals to explore all aspects of the customer-end service sector in the region. African utilities have rated the event as one of the best forums where stakeholders can meet, exchange ideas and create new business opportunities.
High-level speakers will be taking part in the conference programme, including:
- Izak van Gass, Senior Consultant: Research & Innovation, Eskom, South Africa: Metering from a customer’s perspective
- Victor Phasha, Senior Representative, City Power, South Africa: City Power smart metering project
- Richard Sanders, Director, Datamatic, USA: Better utility management through AMR/AMI
- Hoosain Essop, Head of Vending System, City of Cape Town, South Africa: A common vending system for the Metro
- Edison Makwarela, Discipline Specialist, Eskom Distributor, South Africa: Smart metering: A solution to alleviate the country’s growing energy crisis?
- Fritz Bruggink, Senior Vice President & General Manager, Echelon, USA: Enabling smart grids for the future
- Danny K Mabuse, Marketing & Sales Director, Eason Electricity, South Africa: Electricity prepaid vending and revenue recovery for the utilities in South Africa
8 reasons why you can not afford not to participate in the singular must-attend event for the utilities metering, billing and CRM industry:
- Discuss the new regulatory frameworks on energy management
- See how Demand Side Management and tariff design overlap
- Gain insight into how AMI can play a key role in energy losses management, predictive maintenance, outage management and improved operational efficiency
- Hear international case studies on smart metering
- Explore the synergies between prepayment and AMI
- Discover the value of the metering data and how it can be leveraged
- Hear about the strategies to change your customers’ mindset and behaviour for energy conservation
- Get return on investments from the next-generation solutions and technologies presented