Nominations open! Deadline for entry submissions: April 21, 2008
Smart Energy International magazine will recognize excellence among African electricity and water utilities and meter suppliers with the Smart Energy International Excellence Awards 2008. Nominations with respect to innovations in metering products, systems and projects will be accepted.
This year the judging panel is made up of representatives from utilities, government and universities worldwide. Following the great success of the previous five years’ Prepayment Innovation Awards, the program is being extended in 2008 to cover all facets of metering. Nominations will be accepted in two categories:
- Most innovative metering product or system by an African-based company
- Most innovative metering project in Africa.
SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATIONS NOW!
The awards will go to the most innovative metering companies and/or utilities that are ahead of the rest and that have developed and/or implemented a new product, system or project related to metering in Africa during the period April 1, 2007 – March 31, 2008.
Entries must be received by April 21, 2008. Send your detailed motivation letter (maximum 5 pages) to Emmanuelle Nicholls, preferably via e-mail: email@example.com
PREVIOUS PREPAYMENT INNOVATION AWARD WINNERS
Conlog, South Africa– Winner of the 2003 award
NASASA Utility Benefits, South Africa – Winner of the 2004 award
Actaris, South Africa – Winner of the 2005 award
Expertron Group, South Africa – Winner of the 2006 technology award
Johannesburg Water, South Africa – Winner of the 2006 project award
Conlog, South Africa – Winner of the 2007 technology award
Electrogaz, Rwanda – Winner of the 2007 project award
WHY ENTER THE COMPETITION?
- Stay abreast of your competitors and peers.
- Winners will be recognised in Smart Energy International and ESI Africa magazines (read by more than 45,000 readers worldwide).
- Greater exposure for your product and project.
- The winners of the Smart Energy International Excellence Awards 2008 for Africa will be announced on May 21, 2008, during the keynote session of 9th Metering, Billing/CRM Africa conference, which is co-located this year with the Generation Africa and Transmission & Distribution conferences under the umbrella of the 4th African Utility Week.
DOES YOUR COMPANY QUALIFY TO WIN THIS PRESTIGIOUS AWARD?
The innovations should have been developed and/or deployed in the field, on the African continent, during the award period (April 1, 2007 – March 31, 2008) and should have made a positive and important contribution to the further development of the African utility metering and customer management industry.
Issues that can be highlighted in either category include:
- Metering, smart metering, prepayment and advanced metering initiatives
- Revenue protection/assurance initiatives
- Use of metering as a customer management device
- Demand response initiatives
- Data management initiatives
- Metering operations initiatives.
Smart Energy International Excellence Award – Product or system category:
The entry should describe your innovation, indicating its benefits, purpose and how the innovation works, as well as the value it brings to the metering industry. Mention where it has been deployed, and who was primarily responsible for the innovation.
Smart Energy International Excellence Award – Project category:
The entry should describe your innovative project, indicating its location, aim, how it was deployed, the technology used, and the value it brings to the community. Mention the person who was primarily responsible for the project
A specialist panel of judges will review the motivations and announce the winner at the event. Entrants will be judged on appropriateness, contribution to metering development, innovation, motivation and applicability.
- The awards are open to any registered company that has developed and/or implemented a technology or project in Africa.
- Companies may submit as many motivations as they like, provided that each motivation refers only to one innovation.
- The judges will make their decision based on the motivation submitted.
- The closing date for submissions is April 21, 2008.
- All motivations must be submitted via e-mail to Emmanuelle Nicholls.
- The judges’ decision is final.
For more information, contact Emmanuelle Nicholls on: Phone +27 21 700 3500, Fax +27 21 700 3501, or visit www.african-utility-week.com