This is your last opportunity to register for the Smart Metering West Coast conference in Los Angeles, CA from August 20-22, 2007. The event will highlight the latest technologies currently being implemented in the rollout of smart metering in the US.
- Home Area Networks workshop
Erich Gunther, Chairman and Chief Technology Officer, EnerNex Corporation, will coordinate this workshop examining the critical role of AMI in this rapidly developing technology. Areas that will be covered include:
- The standards and practices necessary to enable information exchange
- Identifying the information to be exchanged
- The types of devices that can utilize and act on the information
- Best practices necessary to ensure interoperability
- Policies and architecture for security and privacy.
- Field trip to Southern California Edison
Southern California Edison (SCE) is hosting a visit to its SmartConnect™ Field Test and Meter Testing facility in Westminster. Open for viewing will be the DCA (Data Center Aggregator) testing rooms, the MSO (Meter Services Organization) and Engineering (Meter Engineering) lab, as well as a drive through Long Beach to illustrate an area where field testing is currently taking place.
- The two-day conference includes speakers who are experts in their respective fields, including:
- Martha Krebs, Deputy Director for Research & Development, California Energy Commission, CA (nominated by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger)
- David Collie, President and CEO, Burlington Hydro, Ontario, CA
- Paul De Martini, Director, AMI Program, Southern California Edison, CA
- Kathleen King, Vice-President, NERA Economic Consulting, Washington DC
- Stephen Nees, Technology Development Manager, Anaheim Public Utilities, CA
- Ted Reguly, Director - AMI Program Office, San Diego Gas & Electric Company, CA
- David Kathan, Office of Markets, Tariffs and Rates, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Washington DC
- Ahmad Faruqui, Principal, The Brattle Group, CA.
- Technology drivers for the smart utility. Experience first hand a technology update from some of the leaders in the field:
- Oracle Utilities
- Trilliant Networks
- TWACS by DCSI
For more information, contact Teresa Botha: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 888 559 8017 (US) or +27 21 700 3500 (international).
The full program brochure is available on at www.smart-energy.com/westcoast. Register on-line now and don’t miss out on being part of the West Coast utilities smart metering landscape!