Lloyd Yates, President & Chief Executive Officer, Progress Energy Carolinas will give the keynote address at Smart Metering East Coast, October 27 – 28, Raleigh, NC.
With more than 26 years of experience in the energy business including fossil generation, energy delivery, and nuclear generation, Yates has held his current position since July 1, 2007. He served for more than two years as senior vice president-Energy Delivery for Progress Energy Carolinas prior to his appointment. In that role, he oversaw the four operational and customer services regions in the Carolinas, as well as the distribution function.
Previously, he served as vice president –Transmission for Progress Energy Carolinas and vice president for Fossil Generation. Before joining Progress Energy in 1998, he worked for PECO Energy for 16 years in several line operations and management positions.
Apart from great speakers, Smart Metering East Coast 2008 will serve to:
- Discuss the new regulatory frameworks detailing future energy demands.
- Learn how vendor interoperability will mark the future of the smart grid.
- Uncover the new standards shaping the metering industry in the region.
- Explore the synergies between AMI and the smart grid.
- Hear about the latest developments in communication technology for the smart grid.
- Attain further insight into the ROI of the solutions and technologies presented.
- Gain awareness of how AMI can play a key role in energy loss management, predictive maintenance, outage management and improved operational efficiency.
- Discover the value of metering data and how it can be leveraged.
- Hear about the strategies to improve customer service through the use of advanced technologies.
- Get answers from the industry’s principal manufacturers.
- Find out what new technologies are being deployed by leading technology providers.
Smart Metering East Coast 2008, promises a stellar lineup of the industry’s smartest speakers. Our attendees can expect noteworthy case studies from across the region, supplemented by regulatory summaries and presentations from prominent utility leaders.
For more information or for speaking opportunities, please contact Ryan Matthews email@example.com