Raleigh based Progress Energy will celebrate a century of service in 2008. With two inclusive major utilities that serve 3.1 million customers in the Carolinas and Florida, Progress Energy strives for operational excellence, and in doing so received the 2006 Edison Electric Institute’s Edison Award, the industry’s highest honor. The company was also the first utility to receive the prestigious J.D. Power and Associates Founder’s Award for customer service.
As part of Progress Energy Carolinas’ commitment to increasing energy efficiency and securing a balanced energy future for the growing region, the company filed two programs with the N.C. Utilities Commission in April 2008. One was for residential load control and another to allow the electric distribution grid in the Carolinas to be used to reduce peak demand.
The programs are a key part of the company’s strategy to double its energy efficiency portfolio to 2,000MW and delay the need to build new power plants. Additional energy-efficiency and demand-side management programs were filed in early May, and the utility expects to file for the same programs in South Carolina in the coming months. Feedback from the regulatory commissions is expected later this year.
Smart Metering East Coast 2008 is serving up some of the industry’s smartest speakers, including:
- Lloyd Yates, President and CEO, Progress Energy Carolinas, NC
- James Kerr, Commissioner, North Carolina Utilities Commission, NC
- Ted Schultz, Vice President, Energy Efficiency, Duke Energy, NC
- Jack Carr, Manager Meter Engineering, American Electric Power, OH
- Mark Foley, Partner, Foley & Lardner, WI
- Dale Gant, Manager of Meter Services, Pepco Holdings, DC
- Becky Harrison, Director, Distribution Services, Progress Energy Carolinas, NC
- Wade Malcolm, Senior Manager, System Operations Practice, Accenture, PA
Smart Metering East Coast 2008 promises a stellar lineup of the industry’s smartest speakers.
For more information or for speaking opportunities, please contact Ryan Matthews email@example.com