Smart Grids Africa, which takes place from July 28–30, 2008 in Johannesburg, South Africa, offers delegates an intensive 2-day training seminar to find solutions to Africa’s power crisis.
The seminar will be led by international utility expert, Douglas Houseman of the Smart Energy Alliance and supplemented by a 1-day executive forum with international case studies.
The seminar is based on 7 years of work for various organizations, including EPRI, Modern Grid, and CEA Technologies. A set of four reports were published by CEA Tech entitled the “Distribution Utility Technology Roadmap 2025.” The workshop takes full advantage of the work that has been done by all the partners in looking into the future. Updates to the materials now take the roadmap out to 2030. The Smart Energy Alliance members offer a series of workshops over a 2 to 3 day period to help a utility determine if they have a solid view on the future of distribution, start down the path to a “smart grid,” introduce a broad cross-section of the engineering and planning staff to the idea of a smart grid, and introduce utility executive to the capabilities of the SEA partners. The workshop has been given for more than 30 utilities on four continents.
Register today for a special rate and learn all about the latest technologies and how to integrate these into existing grid infrastructure!
This exclusive and high-level event attracts about 100 industry participants from African utilities, especially senior management from planning, transmission services and networking departments as well as telecommunications and business development managers.
Register now to receive a 10% discount – quote ‘e-news’ as a reference – and meet the following participating speakers:
- Thembani Bukela, Head of Electricity, NERSA, South Africa
- Douglas Houseman, Principal, Capgemini Consulting, USA
- Dr Lawrence Musaba, Coordination Manager, SAPP, Zimbabwe
- ASA Bada, System Operator, Power Holding Corporation of Nigeria,
- Graeme Mellis, Managing Director, Power Meter Technologies, South Africa
- Elijah Sichone, RERA Executive Secretary, Namibia
- Jorge Costa Reis, Business Manager, No Limits Consulting, Portugal
- Chris van der Merwe, TAP Consulting, South Africa
- Malope Ramagapa, Head of Metering, Citypower, South Africa
- Nico Singh, Head of Revenue Protection, Johannesburg Water, South Africa
- Rached Daghfouz, Head of Maintenance and Planning, STEG, Tunisia
- Professor Jonathan Youngleson, UNESCO Chair of Technological Entrepreneurship, Tshwane University of Technology, South Africa
- … and many more!
For more information please go to www.smart-energy.com/smartgridsafrica
For general and conference information: Julia Barton-Hill Julia.email@example.com
For sponsorship information: Loudon Cito firstname.lastname@example.org
For registration and travel information: Rue Limekhaya: email@example.com
Phone: +27 21 700 3500
Fax: +27 21 700 3501