Workshops * Conference * Site visit
Smart Energy International is hosting the Smart Metering East Coast conference in Washington DC from November 7-9, 2007 and will highlight the latest technologies currently being implemented in the rollout of smart metering in the U.S.
Our provisional program is available to view on www.smart-energy.com/eastcoast. Register online now and don’t miss out on being part of the East Coast utilities smart metering landscape!
- The two-day conference includes speakers who are experts in their respective fields. We are pleased to welcome:
- Rick Morgan, Commissioner, DC Public Service Commission, Washington DC
- Eric Ackerman, Senior Manager, Regulatory Policy, Edison Electric Institute, Washington DC
- Dan Delurey, Executive Director, Demand Response & Advanced Metering Coalition, Washington DC
- Joy Zimberlin, Regulatory Specialist, New York Independent System Operator, NY
- Michael Angemeer, President and Chief Executive Officer, Veridian Corporation, ON, Canada
- Howard Porter, Director, BEAMA, London, UK
… and many more experts.
- Technology drivers for the smart utility. Experience first hand a technology update from some of the leaders in the field:
- Oracle Utilities
- SilverSpring Networks
- Trilliant Networks
- TWACS by DCSI
We are pleased to have Erich Gunther, Chairman and Chief Technology Officer, EnerNex Corporation coordinating the Home Area Networks pre-conference workshop on Thursday, November 8, 2007. He will examine the critical role AMI will play in this rapidly developing technology.
Areas that will be covered include:
- The standards and practices necessary to enable information exchange;
- Identifying the information to be exchanged;
- The types of devices that can utilize and act on the information;
- Best practices necessary to ensure interoperability;
- Policies and architecture for security and privacy;
… and much more.
For more information, contact Teresa Botha – email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 888 559 8017 (US) or +27 21 700 3500 (international).