The full program brochure for Smart Energy International’s 2nd Smart Metering West Coast is now available online.
The brochure may be viewed and downloaded at the event website, www.smart-energy.com/westcoast, and includes the program and registration and accommodation forms, as well as other information about the event, which takes place in Los Angeles, CA from August 20-22, 2007.
- Home Area Networks workshop: Erich Gunther, Chairman and Chief Technology Officer, EnerNex Corporation, is coordinating this workshop which will examine the critical role of AMI in this rapidly developing technology.
Areas that will be covered include:
- The standards and practices necessary to enable information exchange
- Identifying the information to be exchanged
- The types of devices that can utilize and act on the information
- Best practices necessary to ensure interoperability
- Policies and architecture for security and privacy
… and much more
- Field trip to Southern California Edison: SCE will open to visitors its SmartConnect™ Field Test and Meter Testing facility in Westminster, providing the opportunity to see the DCA (Data Center Aggregator) testing rooms, the MSO (Meter Services Organization) and Engineering (Meter Engineering) lab, as well as a drive through Long Beach to show an area where field testing is currently taking place.
- The two-day conference includes speakers who are experts in their respective fields. We are pleased to welcome:
- Martha Krebs, Deputy Director for Research & Development, California Energy Commission, CA (nominated by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger)
- David Collie, President and CEO, Burlington Hydro, Ontario, CA
- Paul De Martini, Director, AMI Program, Southern California Edison, CA
- Kathleen King, Vice-President, NERA Economic Consulting, Washington DC
- Stephen Nees, Technology Development Manager, Anaheim Public Utilities, CA
- Ted Reguly, Director – AMI Program Office, San Diego Gas & Electric Company, CA
- David Kathan, Office of Markets, Tariffs and Rates, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Washington DC
- David Hunderford, Demand Response Evaluation Manager, California Energy Commission, CA
- Ahmad Faruqui, Principal, The Brattle Group, CA
… and many more experts
- Technology drivers for the smart utility. Experience first hand a technology update from leaders in the field:
- Oracle Utilities
- Trilliant Networks
- TWACS by DCSI.
For more information, contact Teresa Botha: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 888 559 8017 (USA) or +27 21 700 3500 (international).