SPL Outage & Distribution Management Systems (OMS/DMS) help you maximize the investment in your electricity distribution network. They work with your existing SCADA, GIS and similar systems to:
- Increase your return on invested capital by better managing distribution assets.
- Control costs with improved visibility across the enterprise.
- Provide access to real-time, decision-driving data, thus reducing risk and uncertainty.
- Reduce outage restoration time.
- Improve operational efficiency.
- Safeguard workers and the public.
Designed from the ground up to deliver a comprehensive integrated suite of real-time management applications, SPL OMS/DMS helps accelerate network restoration while it also improves operational efficiencies and system reliability. Its functionality, performance and reliability are unprecedented in the industry.
By using SPL OMS/DMS to manage outages, you:
Improve operational efficiency:
- Determine the crew resources necessary to achieve restoration objectives.
- Balance resources between operating regions.
- Determine when to schedule mutual aid crews.
Reduce outage durations:
- Improve the speed and accuracy of outage predictions.
- Improve restoration documentation and reliability indicators.
Increase customer satisfaction:
- Assure customers that the utility is aware of the outage and responding to it.
- Provide customers with an estimated restoration time?even before crews arrive on site.
Improve asset management decisions:
- Optimize expenditures on new and existing assets.
- Improve service reliability by tracking all customers affected by an outage, determining electrical configurations of every device on every feeder, and compiling details about each restoration process.
Access information in real time:
- Increase crew safety and efficiency.
- Access automatically updated information via graphical maps and tabular lists.
- Empower utility operations centers to issue potential switching hazard warnings before they are attempted by ensuring that safety tags, safety documents, and clearance records are online and readily accessible.
- Deliver extremely accurate predictions based on utility-defined outage analysis rules.
- Easily define and upgrade switching plans, access levels, and other functions—without source code alterations.
Speed task transitions:
- Handle multiple outages and events simultaneously.
- Speed transitions between tasks with SPL’s streamlined navigation through time, space, and network conditions via automated operator/system interactions.
Enhance fault tolerance:
- Go beyond redundant hardware and data replication.
- Use application redundancy to ensure system availability and continuity during interruptions.
Integrate existing information:
- Integrate CIS, GIS, SCADA, IVR, and mobile systems data into a centralized, real-time database.
- Use SPL OMS/DMS business intelligence/decision support functions to provide a comprehensive event history and ensure reporting accuracy on measures like SAIDI, SAIFI, CAIDI, and MAIFI. 
When you use SPL OMS/DMS to manage your distribution network, you can:
- Control costs
- Increase operational efficiencies
- Improve service quality
- Defer capital expenditures
- Reduce operations and maintenance expenses
- Increase customer satisfaction
Why is SPL different?
- Providing products and services to more than 40 utilities with customer bases from 43,000 customers to over 4 million customers.
- Proven capability to handle outage calls during storms with 256,000 outage calls in one day, 712,000 outage calls involving 23,000 total events, 15,000 outage jobs, with a peak of 480,000 customers out.
- We provide the only comprehensive outage management solution that has an integrated suite of real-time network management applications.
- We provide off the shelf IEEE STD. 1366 compliant reliability reporting so that PUC reporting requirements can be met with minimal effort.