OC-3 / STM-1 / STS-3 / E4 Transceivers
The STM1E-SFPxx is a Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP) module compatible with the Multi Source Agreement (MSA) for SFP transceivers. The module utilizes the latest generation of Line Interface Units (LIUs) for 155 Mbit/s electrical interfaces (STM-1e, ES1) from Teridian Semiconductor Corporation (TSC). It also includes all the necessary components for interfacing to 75Ω telecommunications coaxial cable.
The Teridian 78P2351R physical layer IC includes Clock & Data Recovery in both directions and a CMI encoder/decoder for transparent NRZ to CMI line code conversion. It provides Receive Loss of Signal (LOS) detection for electrical CMI interfaces and the option to disable (and tri-state) the transmit driver. A serial interface provides access to an on board EEPROM for identification information.
- Data/Control interface to host board compatible with Multi-Source Agreement (MSA) for SFP transceivers
- 75ohm coaxial line interface compliant with ITU-T G.703/G.783, ANSI T1.102, and Telcordia GR-253 for CMI coded 155Mbps electrical interfaces (STM-1e, ES1)
- ITU-T G.783 compatible receiver loss of signal detection
- Transmit power down and tri-state control
- Receiver handles over 12dB of cable loss
- Extended Temperature operation: -20 C to 85 C
- 75ohm DIN 1.0/2.3 coaxial interface using type D or type A coupling
- Low power dissipation (0.6 W typical)