Along with the modernisation of power systems, the compilation of power system information has become an important means to assist power supply corporations to improve their management and service levels. In order to resolve the problem of how the power meter will support this information collection, the meter communication function has become increasingly important, as the requirement for real-time communication has developed.
The development of the mobile wireless data communication network has provided a means to implement large scale automatic power meter energy management using a public network. In particular, GPRS/CDMA are typical wireless communication network products that have moved into the mature phase. Hence the development of networked multi-functional power meters with a communication interface using the public network, which is being undertaken by various parties, could provide a solution to the development demands of the power supply corporation’s information system.
- Integrated design: Integrating the measurement and network communication functions allows the development of a meter network of unlimited extent.
- Modular design: Coupling the measurement and network modules, the network module can support online pull/insert and GPRS/CDMA interchange, but has no influence on the on-line metering function when it is replaced.
- 32 bit RISC processor with built-in operating system: Provides a well-rounded built-in system, with technical support of ATMEL and INTEL, RTOS real time communication, built-in filing, and drivers for the software. This ensures stabilisation and reliability during the implementation of complex functions.
- Software system compatibility: Includes grading and sorting, MSF, built-in communication software (TCP/IP, UDP, PPP, etc.), providing ease of expansion and upgrading.
- Possession of measurement license: Provides a legal instrument for metering and simultaneously achieving remote metering.
- Real-time online presence for energy meters: Provides automatic uploading and real-time reports for inspection of abnormalities and alarm issues (loss of voltage, phase reversal, open cover, etc.).
Tianjin Power Grid Company: 16,000 units
Application:Below 315 kVA
Communication Protocol: Power Load Management System Data Communication Transfer Agreement
User department: Power Distribution Department
Application purpose: To enforce on-line power management; to facilitate power system information; to improve power supply quality; and to assist the safe operation of the power supply network.
Effect and significance
The rapid development of communication technology has stimulated radical changes in the application of electronic power meters, and intercommunication has greatly improved the integration of the power system at the management level.
For example, real time systematic analysis, diagnosis and pre-warning of malfunctions, abnormality alarms and other modern management techniques have brought new advantages to current power management systems, with the possibility of attending to such issues as, or even before they occur, rather than after they occur. As a result, increasing demands are being placed on traditional power meters, because of the latticing, informing and systematic development of the work method.
Consequently, the successful development of the network power meter with communication interface has not only been of great market value, but also has achieved meaningful results in improving the level of power management and exploring new measurement modes. It will also speed up the course of information acquisition in the power industry. By Zhang Hao