The first World Meter Design Congress has demonstrated that the metering industry is experiencing a transformation – the emergence of the smart grid, new communications technologies, new standards, the rise of advanced metering, increased meter data, energy efficiency, end-customer issues, new component solutions, globalization – all of these are shaping the way meter systems are designed, styled, packaged and manufactured.
If you would like to participate in next year’s event, which will be held in February 2009 in California, USA, please send your abstracts now!
Topics of possible presentations include, but are not limited to:
- Globalization of metering
- New system architecture
- Emerging smart metering standards
- Home Area Networks
- OEM manufacturing
- Design for Wi-fi and WiMax
- MMI (man-machine-interface) design issues
- Design for expansion and future flexibility
- Design for future smart grid applications.
The organizers are looking forward to receiving your abstract of up to 400 words! Please email to Julia Barton-Hill: Julia.email@example.com for additional information.